Wednesday 14 October 2009

Mystic Invasion

Time is passing by whether I want it to or not.

Lately, I haven't been doing too much work as far as photography and related stuff is concerned. I lent out my spare camera and so now don't have one to carry around with me, and my SLR is sitting at home getting little to no use - too much school work.

So, in the meantime, I've been doing more stuff with silly digital manips.

But there's a backstory.

Sunday the 11th was OutFest in Philadelphia - National Coming Out Day. It was a lot of fun, although I had to leave early. I've never been surrounded by more gays, and it was awesome. I got a button and a bumper sticker ^_^

But as we were trying to find the Gayborhood (roughly 12th and Spruce) we got a bit lost. So, from Market East, we wound up at Suburban Station and the area surrounding City Hall. For all the 13 years I've lived here, I don't know the city itself well enough to say exactly where we were, but I do know we circumnavigated City Hall (twice).

My camera was in Photojournalism mode - as point-and-shoot as an SLR can get. I set it to no-flash mode and that was it. I got some good shots of the festival itself (wish I took more) but also got some interesting shots of the city itself. I need to go back, just because I didn't quite have enough time for actual photography of the city. I do have some good ones, but only like...3.

So, back to what I mentioned about digital manips.


"Mystic Invasion" - you tell me. I don't quite know what was going through my head when I edited in some kind of planetary supernova...


...then made it BW...


...and infrared.

Not sure what exactly to do with that.

Um...

-

I'm Jimmy and I can't blog for my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment