Friday 22 May 2009

Here is a Something

I decided that, since the school year is nearly over, and this is the last day of classes, I should make a Something during my copious (two+ hours) of free time.

To make this Something, which happens to be a fractalized overlay-collage, I first took three shots of Philadelphia from the Expressway at night. Given that they were taken with a PAS and were blurry, this created a very interesting effect.

That building near the highway going into the city, with all the blue lights? That's a cool subject. The other blue bar is the dashboard of the friend's car in which I was being driven. The third picture is an Else that was probably just light graffiti. Who cares.

The original, before fractalization, looked like this.



After fractalization, we have this.


And after HDRifying, we finally have this.


This was a fun little Something to do. As usual, click to get the full-size image. I called this Something "The City Glows at Night" because, well, the city glows at night. And it's also a fractal trace so it looks cool. I think. I like it, at least.

Some rights reserved. This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

That's all for now. There are more on a Facebook album...but the average blog reader probably isn't my FB-friend.

Have a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment