Thursday 20 December 2012

Things I have found pt. V

As I've progressed from cleaning my room to cleaning out the boxes of stuff from college, I have so far found a whole lot of useless crap and some interesting things as well. Mostly useless crap.
  • stuff from freshmen orientation, fall 2010
  • my barber scissors!!
  • earrings and stuff I thought I'd lost
  • more Chap-Stik. Really?
  • gum - into the trash
  • cough drops - same
  • Purell
  • some long feathery thing
  • green shoelaces that are way too long for anything I own
  • my old cell phone holster
  • some lab reports from Chem 132
  • my micro-economics textbook
  • a list of spawn codes for Skyrim
  • notes on how to read my own handwriting*
  • two pairs of lab goggles
  • a lot of school papers I really don't need
  • Advil
  • a strobe light. I hate strobe lights. So why?
  • a bracelet I got in Taiwan and thought I'd lost!
  • a bunch of mementos from Otakon
  • a notebook made of cut-up cereal boxes and random scrap paper
  • a card game called Would You Rather...? which, as I recall, is not as fun as it sounds
  • concert promotion cards
  • a bunch of papers I may as well recycle
  • more papers I should probably burn instead
  • another 12V power adapter**
  • a pile of floppy disks
  • some Torx screws for some reason
  • notebooks I used in my first and second years of college that I don't quite want to get rid of just yet
  • a bunch of CPU heatsinks and fans I definitely do not need
  • on that note, a Pentium II chip assembly!
  • two purple beach buckets
  • a note I wrote to my now-ex-boyfriend when I first tried to break up with him
  • a small watch (clearly for women?)
  • a quiz from Chem 132. Grade? 2 / 25, bitches
  • instructions on how to do the proper stretching for my back
  • a lime green drawstring bag with the Windows 7 logo on 
  • black and red streamers, my favourite colours, but they're from when I decorated my tiny room in freshman year! 
  • something that looks like a mousepad but is more likely a bottle/can opener helper thingy that says ACME
  • a $15 iTunes gift card I've yet to redeem (not like I buy stuff from the App Store all that often)
  • a coupon for a free copy of DiRT 4
  • some epoxy brads with cute stuff on them
  • (spare?) pieces of a shelving unit I had last year but seem to have misplaced. How the hell does one misplace a shelving unit?
  • Jenga (pronounced YEN-gah or HEN-gah)
  • a spinning disco light
  • a whole lot of (thin) guitar picks
  • a bunch of random sunglasses, many of which are either broken or look awful on me
  • the insert from a CD of Metallica's 1991 eponymous studio album
  • a CD case with inserts for Nirvana's Nevermind, complete with naked baby, but no CD to be found
  • Macintosh installation floppies (two of them) and one for Fonts. I'm not sure, but I believe it is system 7.x - could be wrong and may never know!
  • a Windows 98 SE boot floppy - old school and useless and I'll probably keep it anyway!
  • the cardstock to which a Barnes and Noble gift card was once attached. That's the one that's still in business, right? Okay, I probably have the card somewhere, because I don't read!***
  • a red plastic hourglass with red sand in
  • a piece of the bottom of a laptop's casing with a Windows XP Home Edition Gateway OEM product key
  • a mousepad stained with Nutella
  • a small red die-cast 1970s Mustang
  • old old magazines...?
  • model knights still in their packaging
 * When I used to handwrite my notes, I did not use the traditional Latin alphabet, but rather a more geometric shorter-form system based on the Greek and Russian alphabets, as it encouraged me to be neater.

** I have decidedly more power adapters and plugs and cords than I do things that actually use/need them.

*** Be on the lookout for an upcoming post about "what's on my bookshelf!"

No comments:

Post a Comment